Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hark! I see an Elk!


Well, the winds of change are upon us.  The trees are starting to change, all the kids are starting to catch something at school, elk are walking randomly down the street...  I'd say it's beginning to look a lot like fall around these parts.  Yes, I know it is all of Septemeber 4th, but there are reddish trees, and some yellow-y trees around, and my yard is starting to get littered with leaves, so it is upon us folks.  And I am ready.  Break out the pumpkin, I am ready to bake.  I can hear the baking train starting to chugga-chugga in my head thinking about all the fun stuff I've had to wait ALL YEAR to make and now it is time!  HOORAY!!!!

I'm very ready for Fall and no more 90+ degree days.  This summer was way too hot and the hardest summer we have had as far as the boys go.  Could they have fought more?  That was rhetorical.  I don't want to know because the answer is probably yes, and I don't want to imagine that.  Yikes.  It seems that most of my friends with kiddos had the same kind of a summer with their hooligans.  It was good, but very fighty.  I think it was the weather.  Heat just makes you grumpy.  Sticky and grumpy - not a good combination.  So, hopefully we will all just have a nice, peaceful, fall/winter/spring and forget all about what summer did to us.

The boys are both in school this year.  Yes, isn't that big news?  Their backpacks are enormous - Captain America's could practically swallow him whole.  I think the stores just decided that preschool sized backpacks were unnecessary and didn't make any.  I'm sure mom's everywhere stood in the massive chaos of Le Target Boutique's back to school section with mad faces thinking "Where are all the tiny backpacks?  My kid is not this big!  He/She just wears it for looks anyways...I'm paying you $12-15 for looks and experience...Give me a mini. <MAD FACE>."  That is what I did.  So, we have an enormous, man-eating Avengers backpack for the Captain, and a Dark Knight backpack that many a-tear was shed over because we wanted it, no we didn't, yes we did for the Little Transformer. It was an adventure.  Thank goodness for Mr. Yeti, Grammie, and Anny-Anny because I don't know that we would have made it through back to school shopping without them there to support us in choosing a backpack.  : )

Things have been pretty good since the start of school.  We've already had colds, missed some school, been bored, the usual.  But they seem to like their teachers and are sort of settling into the groove.  I thought that 2 1/2  hours was going to last a lot longer than it does while Captain America is at school.  It doesn't.  It goes really fast, and then the day drags on for the two of us while we miss the Little Transformer all day.  They are so nice to each other for a little while after they see each other after school.  It makes you realize why you had kids and why you adore them so much.   Then they shriek at each other, or hit/scratch/tattle/start fighting again and you are shaken back to reality.  Funny how that happens.  It is like driving down the road day dreaming a bit and forgetting that there is that speed bump until just before you get there....AAHH!  Live in the moment.  Keep it light, it is only going to get more interesting.

I just adore those boys.  They really do keep it interesting around here.  There is never, ever a dull moment.  I can't imagine a single day without them and I miss them ridiculously while they are at school.  I can't wait to get them home and hear all about everything and I usually get "I went to the playground."  Well yayness!  That is just what I wanted to hear!  What are you friends' names?  Who did you play with? What did you play?  What is your favorite thing in class?  Etc....  I ask these questions and I get, "Um, I can't remember...can I tell you later?"  Ptttttthhhhbbt!  NO!  Now!  Tell me now!  But I say sure and carry on....hoping that if I ask the same questions every few days that they will just start blurting out the answers.  I hope I'm right.

Anywho....Mr. Yeti is home from work.  Hopefully I'll be posting more frequently now that I have some more time.  Maybe with a delicioso recipe for you next time?!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment