Monday, February 6, 2012

Bathroom Business

It snowed on Friday. A lot.  So what does that mean?  Baking.  I tried to restrain myself and hold strong, but it lasted around five whole minutes.  It was a snow day...not that it really mattered because Little Transformer was home sick all week and what was one more day?  But, I had to jump on the baking bandwagon anyway.  And I have to say, I made some pretty stinkin' amazing cookies.  The best part - I made up the recipe all by myself.  I'm still waiting on test kitchen #2 to report back on how they turned out with "normal" flour : )  I am hoping it is successful on both ends so that I can post the recipe.  For me, it will be my new go-to Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, because I was too hasty in posting the other one a few weeks ago.  I thought that one was good...but this is better.  I am finding that I need to decrease the fat and increase the flour content in recipes that are gluten-free in order for them to work correctly.  I don't know if it is just because of altitude or because of the lack of gluten?  I'm no scientist...  I like to think I'm smart enough to figure that out, but today it is too much for my brain.  

It was an eventful (?) weekend apart from the 2 feet of snow.  We went mega shopping.  You know how they have the "Family Restroom" at stores now?  Well every single time you need it, someone magically walks in ahead of you.  Always.  Hence my story.  Mr. Yeti and Little Transformer proceeded to the men's room, and I took Captain America with me.  (Dirty looks from women in the restroom.  Of course, because the have NEVER seen a woman bring her child in the restroom with her...and they have never done it themselves).  Anywho...We do what we need to while I am constantly telling Captain America, "Don't touch that....it unlocks the door!  No...that is the trash.  Yucky!  Don't look under the door...blah blah."  Two-year-olds.  The joy.... We wash our hands in the auto faucets (fun!), scream, cry and cover our ears at the hand dryers (not fun), and leave.  We meet up with Mr. Yeti and finally get a cart.  I bend over to pick up Captain America and what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a little wad of toilet paper attached to my boot.  Oh my holy cow I wanted to DIE!!!!!  I wished someone would have just killed me right there! I know my face was as red as could be and I could feel my heart pounding through my chest, so I am sure I looked just fantastic.  I could see/hear a couple behind me talk/whispering about something but I didn't know exactly what....and now I did.  Why do people let that happen?  Even Mr. Yeti was laughing over it.  Not just a giggle, but a full-on back up, point and laugh out loud while putting the kids in the cart.  Pure mortification right there at Le Target.  *sigh*

We also started some preliminary (hopefully permanent) potty training.  I learned with Little Transformer that you can't take any of this too seriously.  We are just going with it, and being glad that he is making it into the potty.  It took us a very long time to get things completely figured out with Little Transformer, and Captain America is much more interested in it.  Maybe he will get it sooner?  We are just a little more laid back with these hooligans on what we see as trivial because it is easier to move at their pace than ours.  We fight many more battles with our sensational kids. The tiny battles just aren't worth it.  Some might be thinking, "But potty training is a HUGE deal!!"  Meh...not in our world.  If we can successfully sit down for dinner for 10 minutes, no one get up, be asked to eat more (or at all), AND use a utensil before any tears are flowing, we have had a successful meal.  All of these must be accomplished to be majorly successful, but I will take two out of four.  Preferably time and eating without being asked...there is a lot to be said for sitting and eating.  But anyways, potty training...I just can't believe I might be without diapers relatively soon-ish.  It makes me happy/sad.  Diaper changes are horrific with him, but without them it means he really isn't a baby anymore.  Wah.  Sad. : ( Then he really is a big, big boy and I can't call him "baby" anymore.  Oh the tugging on my heartstrings.... 

So, anyways...I need to go switch some laundry.  Can you guess what it is made up of?  You guessed it!  Bed sheets and blankets and teeny-tiny undies with Diego, Lightning McQueen and Buzz Lightyear all over them.  Oh yes...and THE blankie, so I must get moving or the world may end....

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment